Pages

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Print Drawing Swordfish

Texture is very important in these sketches because it makes the animal pop out and look three dimensional when your only using black and white and not shading. If you dont have any texture then it just looks normal and two dimensional.
It is important to have a few different references and backgrounds because you can take different aspects of each photo and each animal that can make it look more original instead of just copying a photo onto paper. This also helps if you decide you dont like the picture you have you have a few others to compare too
When I look at my sketches I can tell that this one is by far the most real looking. I really didnt like how the others turned out like my aligator is hard to do because it has insanely tedious amounts of detail and texture because of the scales and the curves in the aligator itself. I know this one is the best because out of all my pictures you can pretty much know what it is right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment